My heart goes out to anyone who’s had a pet stolen. It really does…
I can imagine what they go through and I could never bear to have my dog stolen. I’d be devastated trying to find him, recover him and bring him back home.
That’s why I wanted to write this post. Hopefully, these might help you to prevent your dog from being stolen. I hope you find these tips useful:
- Don’t tie your dog outside a bank / restaurant / store – Even if its just for 5 minutes, never do this. You’d be surprised by the number of dogs stolen this way.
- Don’t leave your dog alone in the car – It would take a dog thief just a couple of minutes to break a window and disappear with your dog.
- Don’t leave your dog unattended in your fenced yard – Lock the doggie door with your pet inside the house when you are stepping out.
- Microchip your dog – It may help you recover him.
- Don’t let your dog run off-leash– he could wander off and become a target of dog thieves.